Terms and Conditions of the Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments
- PAYMENTS & CONFIRMATIONS.
In order to confirm your reservation we require full payment upfront. Reservations are not confirmed until you receive an Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments reservation number that commences ‘EG‘ by Email. Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments accepts no liability for people who arrive before receipt of this reservation number.
- CARD HANDLING CHARGES.
- Debit Card – 50pence charge
- Visa and MasterCard – 2.5% card handling charge
- American Express – not accepted
- ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT.
All major debit/credit cards, and bank transfers. Please note that a reservation remains a provisional one until full payment has been received.
- NO SMOKING POLICY.
Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments operates a strict NO SMOKING POLICY and reserves the right to levy a £100.00 deep cleaning charge in the event of you smoking in the apartment or building.
- APARTMENT UNAVAILABILITY.
Should your booked apartment be unavailable for whatever reason, Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments reserve the right to relocate your booking to another property within Edinburgh. Should this not be possible Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments will offer you a full refund. Under such circumstances Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments liability is limited to the payment received for the accommodation booked with Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments and now being cancelled. This liability does not extend to travel commitments or other costs. In such an event we would naturally do all we can to offer alternative but equivalent accommodation.
Reservations are not changeable or refundable.
Alterations may be accepted at the discretion of management and if acceptable will be subject to a £25 administration fee.
8.1 EXTENDING YOUR STAY.
Extensions will require a new reservation for the additional date(s), subject to Availability and are subject to a possible rate change.
8.2 EXTENSIONS (UNAUTHORISED).
You are required to notify us at least 48 hours in advance of your intention to extend your booking. Unauthorised extensions will result in a £250 (GBP) charge to cover the inconvenience and disruption to Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments and other clients/guests.
Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments has made every reasonable effort to ensure the freshness, quality and value of your accommodation. In the event of a complaint, guests may contact Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments during their stay at the apartment and we will do our utmost to assist you.
- EARLY CHECK–OUTS.
It is the guest’s responsibility to notify Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments of any early checkouts.
- LATE CHECK OUTS ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE.
Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments reserves the right to charge your booking card for unauthorised late check out′s at the rate of £20 per hour.
Much of the accommodation information provided on sales agent′s websites is provided by us but is subject to adjustment by the agency. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure that all information provided online, by telephone and email is accurate, Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions it may inadvertently contain.
Guests confirm that Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments is NOT their principle place of residence, and that guests are checking in and staying on a ‘hotel style’ nightly basis. Only persons notified to us prior to arrival may occupy the apartment. The number of persons permitted to occupy the apartment is limited to the number of beds available and this limit may not be exceeded
- DAMAGE LIABILITY.
It is expected that the apartments are left in a clean and tidy order. Guests are responsible for any damage to the apartment and its contents during their stay which has occurred due to negligence or omission. Any damage must be reported to us without delay. Any lost property will be held for 14 days and if it is not claimed it will be donated to a local charity. You will be held responsible for the keys to the apartment at £30 per set if lost or damaged. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge guests who cause disturbance to other guests and tenants.
- A) A £500 fine is charged to guests who tamper with any fire alarm devices or extinguishers. You are placing yourself and other guests in danger. Should the fire alarm sound, leave your accommodation immediately and follow the fire procedure displayed in and around the building.
- B) Any non–emergency after hours call outs (ie: guests losing keys and being locked out) will accrue a £75 charge. Maintenance staff are only available outside of 09H00–17H00 Mon–Sun for high–level emergencies (ie: leaking roof; fire; blocked drains/toilet which could result in a leak/flood; no heat or hot water; non–working stove). Guests must confirm that their apartment has hot water and working stove within working hours – if they check–in at 16H00 or before. If guests check–in after 16H00 and find that heat, hot water or stove is not working, they must inform maintenance as soon as possible, by 20H00: they will not be charged the £75 fee but will be attended as soon as possible. Nonemergency requests will be attended to within 24 hours.
- INJURY LOSS/DAMAGE
THE USE OF THE APARTMENT and its equipment is entirely as the guest’s risk and Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments accepts no responsibility for injury, accident, damage or loss to person or property relating to the guest or any of his or her party during their stay. Guests should ensure that they are adequately insured..
- CHECK IN INFORMATION.
Before Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments can release the keys to your apartment they will take the full balance due, a valid mobile/landline telephone number and make a copy of a valid identification document. For security, Edinburgh Group Escapes Serviced Apartments also require valid credit or debit card details and reserves the right to a £100 pre–authorisation per apartment to ensure we are covered for any damages or theft to the apartment, or if the apartment is left in an unsatisfactory state.